How to Pierce your Nose
Piercing your own nose can be pretty hard and will definitely hurt, especially if you are doing it wrong or just very slowly. We recommend you to get your nose pierced by a professional, as if you do something wrong you can hurt yourself, or even get an infection. Getting your nose pierced by a professional is safer and much faster. If you still want to do it yourself, proceed to our step-by-step instructions below.
You will need:
- nose jewelry made of titanium or silver;
- alcohol to sanitize your piercing;
- surgical needle forceps;
- piercing clamp;
- sterile surgical skin marker;
- piercing needle.
Sanitize your skin
Wash your hands with antibacterial soap, dry them and put on the gloves. Sanitize your nose skin with alcohol, and mark the spot where you want to pierce it (with a sterile surgical marker). Make sure there are no blackheads or pimples - blocking a blackhead / pore can cause piercing bumps in the future. Pierce your nose closer to the crease between the nostril and the nose.
Prepare all the instruments
Sanitize that spot once again. Take the needle with needle forceps in one hand and a piercing clamp - in your other hand. Position piercing clamp so the marker dot is visible through its slot. Now it's time to pierce your nose and you need to have a steady hand for that. Drink sedative or coffee beforehand (or whatever it is that can make you calm / brave). All the instruments have to be sterile.
Insert the piercing needle at 90° angle (perpendicular to your skin). If the angle is smaller or bigger, the area of damage (under your skin) will be bigger. Put in your nose jewelry, make sure you do it quickly and just get it over with. Use only special nose piercing jewelry. Sanitize the spot once again. Use special solution to take care of your piercing (twice a day).
- Do not pierce your nose over a pimple or blackheads.
- Do not forget to sanitize your sore twice a day.
- Do not use nose rings made of something other than silver or titanium (before your sore heals completely).
- Do not pierce your nose too low or too high, otherwise it will feel uncomfortable.
- Do not forget that piercing may scar you for life.
- Don't change your piercing jewelry for at least 2-3 months.
- Do not use a needle for sewing.
- Do not pierce your nose if you don't have all the necessary instruments.
Be very careful when piercing your nose. If you have a friend who has done it before, ask them for help, but control the situation and make sure your friend pierces your nose in the right spot. Remember that it is always better to use professional help.
Authors total: 33