How to Make Red Velvet Cake
The cake called Red Velvet look great thankful to the bright red color of the sponge cake which contrasts unusually with the snow white icing and cream layer. There are many version about the history of the way the red velvet cake has appeared. Some people suppose that the recipe of the red velvet cake was originated from the southern part of the USA. The other ones suppose that it was the northern part where the red velvet cake was introduced for the first time. But one thing is known for sure. The red velvet cake is one of the most favorite dessert dishes among the people of Canada and the USA and remains that during the latest decades.
If you will distract yourself from studying the history of appearing of this cake recipe you will see that the red velvet cake has the soft chocolate taste and the airy pore structure. The churn milk used in this cake has the thick creamy texture and rich butter taste. That's why it suits for bakery perfectly. You may make the churn milk by yourself. It is necessary to add 1 tablespoon of the apple vinegar or the freshly squeezed lemon juice to the glass of milk and let it sit for 10 or 15 minutes.
For the cake
2 1/2 cups of the sifted bakery flour;
2 tablespoonfuls of cocoa powder;
1/2 glass of the plain salt free butter;
1 1/2 cups of sugar;
2 big eggs;
1 teaspoon of vanilla sugar;
1 teaspoon of the white vinegar;
1 teaspoon of baking powder;
For the icing
1/2 lbs of the soft cheese Mascarpone;
1 teaspoon of vanilla sugar;
1 glass of the sifted sugar powder;
1 1/2 glasses of the cold fatty cream (35 %- 40 % of fat)
- Warm the oven to 350 degrees F. Place the grill onto the middle level. Take the two forms for baking and smear them with the batter. Put the baking paper on the bottom of the forms.
- Take the large bowl and put the flour, the salt and the cocoa powder in it. Put the bowl aside.
- Take the butter and warm it. Start whipping it.
- Add the sugar and the eggs and continue whipping the mixture for 1 or 2 minutes.
- Add the vanilla sugar and stir the mass.
- Pour the churn milk into the glass and add the red food color. Whip the red milk.
- Turn the mixer on and add churn milk and the flour mix to the egg mixture gradually.
- Take the small bowl and mix the vinegar with water, add the dough and beat it up.
- Put the dough into the two forms quickly and smooth the surface with the help of the wooden spoon.
- Bake the dough in the hot oven for 25 or 30 minutes. Check the ready dough with the help of the toothpick.
- Let the ready sponge cakes cool down naturally on the grill. Wrap them into the thin plastic bag and put in the fridge for several hours.
- Mix the ingredients for the icing together. Smear the sponge cakes with it.
- Put the two sponge cakes on each other.
- Don't leave the sponge cakes without wrapping them. They will become hard.
- Don't take the old churn milk.
- Don't take the low quality ingredients.
The bright red color of this cake has encouraged the people to start calling it the devilish treat. In his book "The dictionary of the American Food and Drinks" John Mariani supposes that the red velvet cake has received this second name due to its incredible taste that was even considered to be sinful by some moralists.
Decorate the ready red velvet cake with the fresh berries and syrup before your serve it.
Authors total: 33