How to Make Puppy Chow
All kids love candy, not only they can't live without ice-cream and chocolate, they need a variety of yums, every time they want something new. This is why sometimes it can be more fun and cheap to make something delicious at home, it is pretty easy. There is a wide range of things you can cook at home, and puppy chow is one of them. Most kids absolutely love puppy chow, there are a lot of different recipes and all of them are very easy to make. You don't have to buy many products or spend a lot of money, and your puppy chow still will be great. Your kids will be happy!
half a cup of peanut butter
½ teaspoon of vanilla
¼ a cup of butter
1 cup of chocolate chips
9 cups of Crispix cereal
And 3 cups of powdered sugar
- First of all, you need to mix butter, chocolate chips and peanut butter in a bowl (make sure the bowl is ok for a microwave).
- Place the bowl in your microwave and make it 1 minute. When you take it out, stir it properly, maybe even blend it. Add vanilla and stir all the ingredients again.
- After you do that, put the Crispix cereal you prepared in a big bowl (the bigger the bowl - the better).
- Next thing you should do is cover the Crispix cereal with the mixture you got: carefully mix all the ingredients, so all the cereal is covered in sweet mixture.
- Put the powdered sugar in a big (again - the bigger the better) plastic bag that can be properly closed.
- Then place your chocolate - peanut butter cereal mixture in the plastic bag, but make sure you leave enough space to shake the puppy chow. If necessary, you can split the mixture in smaller parts.
- Actively shake each bag so every piece of puppy chow is covered in powder sugar
- After everything is done and all the pieces are properly covered in powder sugar, put them in a big bowl to serve.
- Do the same with the rest of your mixture, make sure all pieces are covered in sugar and are nice and white.
- After that consider it ready to serve. Your children will absolutely love it, so will you!
- This recipe of puppy chow contains chocolate, so you can't give it to your dog or your puppy!
- If your children are allergic to chocolate, don't give it to them, it will be better if you don't use the chocolate at all.
- Don't forget to make sure your mixture is stirred thoroughly before you add cereal.
- Don't start making a new portion before you make sure the first one tastes good and has a nice texture.
- Don't forget to make sure you have enough ingredients before you start making the puppy chow.
- Don't let your kids eat too much puppy chow, as it contains a lot of sugar, plus it is rather greasy - eating a lot of it can't be good.
- Don't use products that are not fresh: taste all the ingredients before you start cooking.
- Don't be afraid to experiment
- Don't put too much sugar if the type of cereal you chose is too sweet.
Puppy chow is an unusual and tasty treat, besides, it is very easy to make and it doesn't require that many ingredients - most of them are probably available in your local stores. Follow the instructions and you are going to get a wonderful puppy chow that you and your kids will enjoy, it will not take much time.