How to Make Pancakes
If you go to eat out in the morning to any local diner of yours and pay attention to what other people are eating for breakfast, you'll most likely see that the absolute majority of diner visitors eat pancakes with salted butter or maple syrup. These little guys have become number one all-American breakfast. You can add such fillings as all sorts of fruits, for example blueberries, banana, strawberries, cranberries, apples, pears and so on. Another great variety is to add grated dark chocolate to the batter and serve the pancakes with vanilla ice cream over the top. Or if you like pancakes as is, just spread them with salted butter all over or pour maple syrup to moist them.
If you want to surprise someone with a delicious breakfast - try to make homemade pancakes at home! The process of cooking them is not that hard after all and after a certain practice and experiments with the recipes and fillings you'll get to learn how to make perfect pancakes.
For approximately 10 pancakes you'll need the following ingredients:
1/2 cup of milk;
1 teaspoon of salt;
1 teaspoon of sugar;
1 tablespoon of melted butter;
1 tablespoon of baking powder;
1 1/4 cups of all-purpose flour;
1/2-1 cup of filling (to taste)
As fillings you can use:
Making the batter:
- Take a large bowl and mix all the dry ingredients there: salt, sugar, baking powder and flour. Stir everything thoroughly until the texture and the color of dry mix gets even.
- In another bowl whip egg using a blender, add milk and whisk the mixture once again.
- Pour liquid mix from the Step 2 into the dry mix from the Step 1. Mix everything, make sure there are no lumps.
- Add melted butter (make sure it cools off a bit so it's warm but not how) into the batter, mix everything At this particular stage you can also add any of the fillings you would like to use. Leave the dough in warm place in a bowl for about an hour.
Cooking the pancakes
- Preheat a frying pan and smear it with vegetable oil or butter. Apply a medium amount of batter onto the pan, fry the pancakes on both sides until they become evenly brown.
- Serve 3 to 4 pancakes for each person, serve them with salted butter and maple syrup. You can also experiment with the sauces, use various flavors of them and even mixtures.
Don't use too much of liquid ingredients
Stick to the measures given in the instruction.
Don't use skim milk
Use the regular one instead.
If you make these delicious pancakes for breakfast for someone - this would be the best gesture of care and attention. Simply follow these instruction to bring it on and don't forget to experiment with the fillings!
Authors total: 33