How to Make Lollipops
Lollipop is a favorite treat of many. Most people have no idea how to make it and believe it is very hard, when in fact there is nothing easier. You can make a lollipop of any size, color, shape and flavor. All you need is your imagination and a very few ingredients. Here we offer you instructions on how to make lollipops with special forms or without them.
You will need:
- ¼ glass of water;
- 1 cup of sugar;
- Lollipop forms;
- 1,5 tbsp vinegar;
- Food dye;
- Lollipop forms;
Fill the pan with water. Add sugar. Heat on medium for 5 – 9 min and keep stirring the mixture. Add 1,5 tbsp vinegar, stirring the mixture as you do so. Once caramel becomes golden, remove it from the heat. If you have a special form for making lollipops, fill it up. Oil the form before you fill it with caramel. Use toothpicks as lollipop sticks. Place caramel in a fridge for a few hours.
To make your lollipops more colorful you can use a food dye. You can buy forms for making lollipops in a store, they are pretty cheap. If you can’t find the forms, just use a plastic bag or a food film. What to do if you don’t have a form for making lollipops.
- Place a plastic bag / film on a cutting board.
- Oil it.
- Pour caramel on it: make as many pieces as it takes. Be very careful when you do that. It shouldn’t be hard – caramel is rather thick and making round “spots” shouldn’t be difficult.
- Place a toothpick on each “spot” so one of its ends sinks in caramel.
- When caramel cools off you will get thin disc–shaped lollipop candies.
- Don't use just any food dye, some of them are toxic. Before you get one, you need to make sure it is absolutely safe. The best choice would be adding a little jam or cherry juice, but in this case you would have to be very careful - if you add too much, caramel won't solidify.
- Don't forget to stir caramel when cooking, otherwise it will burn and you will spend a great deal of time cleansing the pan.
- If it's your first time making lollipops, don't make a lot - let it be your practice set.
You can make lollipops even if you don't have any forms, all you need is a little bit imagination! Although if you are a big fan of lollipops you may want to buy a form, they are not very expensive and will serve you for years! Make sure you eat your candies when they cooled off already so you don't get burnt.
Authors total: 33