How to Make Gummy Bears
Gummy bears are one of the most contagious candies that one can eat. Basically these are small candies that are bear-shaped and have a texture or a chewy marmalade. Gummy bears were originally created in Germany by a company called Haribo. The product was so popular, that they decided to make not only bears, but also worms and other animals, fruits, and even cola bottles with cola flavor. Of course no one says that these candies are healthy but it's such a pleasure to treat yourself to them once in a while.
As an alternative to ready gummy bears that you can buy at any store, you can try to make gummy bears at home. The advantage of their making at home is that you're able to totally control the ingredients and flavor of your gummy candies.
In this instruction we've collected our favorite recipes of gummy bears. The first one is the classic one. The second one is for weight watchers. The third one is for party-goers as the it contains booze. For the first two recipes you'll need a mold to form the bears, You can either pour the liquid of the future gummy bears into the mold or you can pour it onto a baking sheet and then cut the gummy bears out of it, choose the method which you prefer the most.
Classic Gummy Bears Recipe
1/2 cup of water;
1 tablespoon flavored gelatin;
2,5 teaspoons unflavored gelatin
- Pour water into a saucepan. Mix together both types of gelatin and add them to water. Mix everything.
- Put the saucepan on low heat and stir the liquid until the point when it melts.
- When it is melted totally, either pour the liquid into the molds or on a baking sheet.
- Put the jelly into the freezer for 5-15 minutes (don't keep it for too long there).
Low-calorie Orange Strawberry Gummy Bears Recipe
1/2 cup of orange juice (preferably fresh);
? cup of lime juice;
1/4 cup of lemon juice;
2 cups of strawberries, cut into halves;
1gram (1 packet) of zero calorie sweetener;
5 tablespoons of gelatin
- In a saucepan blend together all the juices (lemon, lime, orange) and add strawberries. Put it on low fire so that strawberries get soft.
- Remove from the fire, mash or blend everything until it gets homogenous. Add zero calorie sweetener, mix everything and leave the mass to cool down for a couple of minutes.
- Add gelatine and mix everything once again. Put the mass either into molds or on a baking sheet. Place into fridge for about an hour or so.
Vodka Gummy Bears
- Place gummy bears into a glass bowl. Try to avoid plastic materials as vodka can dissolve some of them so you can risk to try out vodka plastic gummy bears.
- Add vodka so that it covers gummy bears completely.
- Put the bowl into cool place and leave them for a couple of days. Check if all the liquid was already absorbed. The size of gummy bears should increase.
Be careful with kids
Obviously, don't serve vodka gummy bears to kids for a clear reason. And control the serving size of regular gummy bears as these candies are not that healthy.
Gummy bears are so popular all over the world for a reason – these funny-shaped candies are so delicious that you can eat a whole bunch of them without even noticing it. To be sure that you munch on right things, follow the first two recipes. To make your party even cooler, serve your guests vodka gummy bear and your event will sure turn out to be a success.
Authors total: 33