How to Make Gifts
Making gifts is an art. Basically, the gifts are made to express your good attitude to a person, so it's very important to choose and present the gifts properly. Many people obviously lack this talent and make awful gifts even if they really want to please a person. Luckily, as any other art, it can be learned and improved. It's not that difficult - all you need is a bit of creativity and some tips. Let's check some useful advice on making gifts.
- First of all, make sure you wrapped the gift. The package can really mean the difference between success and failure when it comes to presents. Thus, gorgeous diamond ring would be less exciting if fished out of your pocket, while a simple tiny golden ring hidden into the bunch of roses would impress anyone.
- If you can't make your mind on the gift but the event is coming soon, just opt for cash. Yep, this kind of gift isn't very nice and doesn't characterize you as a very caring and ingenious person, but it's better than nothing, and it's definitely better than buying some random stuff just because you are supposed to buy something. Buy nice envelope or postcard to put the money in.
- If you have to choose a gift for one of those rich and snobby people who are known to "have everything", opt for good alcohol.
- If you were invited on the wedding, you should either bring something that the newlyweds can use in their future family life, or just give them some money.
- Making expensive gifts is only appropriate for family members or close friends. The point is the choice of a gift depends on the previous experience; thus, if you give someone you barely know something really expensive, he or she is mutually obliged to give you something not less expensive in return, although the person probably doesn't feel like spending too much money on you.
- Handmade gifts are a good option. Doing something by yourself, you show the person your very special attitude, and this person will definitely appreciate your taking time and doing some custom present. You can make some earrings, soap, wooden statuette, etc. Luckily, there are lots of video tutorials on making custom gifts.
- Don't wait for the exact event to come to buy a gift. If you go regular shopping and see something that some of your friends may like, don't hesitate to buy it beforehand.
- If you are a woman, we don't recommend you to choose ties as a gift for a man. It's very difficult to hit the target and choose the right color.
- If you are a man, you'd better refuse to the idea of presenting perfume and cosmetics unless you are 100% sure your woman will love it. Just like a tie, this is very individual and choosing cosmetics by random sample, you would most likely fail.
- Don't present animals. A tiny fluffy kitten or a puppy will look super cute with a bow around its neck, but unlike stinky perfume or ugly tie, you can't just throw a pet away, or lock it in the wardrobe, or use it instead of air freshener in the toilet.
- Avoid buying paintings unless you know that a person is interested in arts.
- Don't emphasize the attention on your gift: don't ask questions like: "Have you already seen my present?", "How did you like it?", "Isn't it adorable?", "Why don't you put it on right now", etc.
So, hopefully these tips will help you choose and present gifts to your loved ones and make this day unforgettable for them. Choosing the right gift isn't hard if you have a bunch of creative ideas and know the person's character and personal preferences.
Authors total: 33