How to Make Frozen Yogurt
You have probably faced the situation when on a hot and stuffy day you want to eat a nice ball of ice-cream but don't feel like buying the one full of preserving agents and artificial sweeteners. A good alternative to the fatty sugary ice-cream with an endless list of chemical ingredients on the back of the bag is the delicious and healthy frozen yogurt. Frozen yogurt is a refreshing and light dessert with a pleasant slightly sour taste and the texture resembling the one of the creamy ice-cream. This a real treasure of the useful bacteria and proteins. The frozen yogurt will perfectly suit the ones who do their best to keep fit or search the healthy alternative to the usual sugary ice-cream. Though there are a lot of small cafes where one can buy a carton of frozen yogurt it is recommended to cook it at home. In that way you will know for sure that all the ingredients of your dessert are natural and won't cause any severe allergic reactions or indigestion. The basis of all the frozen yogurt recipes is a natural yogurt. Natural means free from any flavors or color agents, starch or sugar. Take into consideration that the low fat or fat free yogurt has been processed and can't be called the natural one. Natural product retains all the features and is full of useful bacteria that help our stomach to digest the food properly and the proteins which are essential for the normal growth of the bones and the muscles development and strengthening. You may either buy the fresh natural yogurt or make some at home.
2 glasses of natural yogurt
glas of low fat sour cream
1/4 tablespoon of vanilla sugar
pinch of salt
- Put the sour cream into the metal bowl.
- Mix the sea salt together with the vanilla sugar in a separate small bowl of the stone pounder.
- Add the vanilla sugar and the sea slat to the bowl with the sour cream.
- Add the yogurt and whisk the mixture properly.
- Cover the bowl tightly and put it into the fridge for an hour.
- An hour later take the bowl out of the fridge and whisk it one more time.
- After that cover the bowl tightly and put in into the fridge for 4 or 5 hours more.
- If you want to add the frozen berries and sugar to your ready frozen yogurt take into consideration that their taste will seem less sweet. If you feel like adding some more sugar to your yogurt let it in the warm place for a minute. Don't add too much sugar at once otherwise it will be too sugary.
- Don't freeze your yogurt for more than 5 hours. In that way you will get a huge piece of milky ice.
- Don't try to refreeze your yogurt after it has melted once. The texture of fatty diary products is commonly altered by the influence of high or low temperature.
- Don't try to freeze your yogurt at once. It needs two stages of freezing to acquire that soft creamy texture.
You may wish to add some berries, jam, melted chocolate or syrup to your serving of frozen yogurt to make its taste even richer. Another great idea is to serve it with the fizzy drinks. In that way you will need to freeze it a little bit harder and put a ball of it into each glass with cold sparkling beverage. Don't put too much sugar in your frozen yogurt if you want to serve it that way.
Authors total: 33