How to Make Fried Rice
Fried rice is a meal that you can find in such cuisines as Chinese, Japanese, Arabian, Thai and even more. In most of the cases, this meal is rice with vegetables and or meat, fish, poultry or seafood fried with or without egg. There is no such thing as a classic recipe of fried rice as even in each cuisine there are multiple variations of it. Below we've collected our favorite recipes including the basic one. Choose one that sounds the best to you.
Fried rice Japanese style
1 cup of boiled and already cooked rice;
500 grams of seafood;
½ of onion, chopped;
1 carrot, peeled and chopped;
1 bell pepper, chopped;
spring onion to taste;
2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- Take a frying pan, heat it over medium heat. Add vegetable oil. Add onions, keep it over the fire for 2-3 minutes.
- Add carrots, cook for 3 minutes more. Add bell pepper, keep for 3 minutes more.
- Add seafood (whichever you have). Keep it over medium heat until seafood gets soft and you understand it's ready.
- Add eggs, mix everything. Add rice and mix everything once again. Keep rice with vegetables and seafood for 5-7 minutes. Serve it with soy sauce to taste.
Fried rice Chinese style
1 ½ cups of rice;
vegetable oil for frying;
2 cloves of garlic;
150 grams of peas;
1 tablespoon of soy sauce,
- Cook the rice, when it's ready remove all the extra water by placing it into the colander.
- Chop garlic, peel carrot and shred it. Cut spring onion.
- Whisk eggs (you can also add 3 tablespoons of milk if desired), add a dash of salt.
- Heat a frying pan, add vegetable oil, fry eggs of medium heat for 10 minutes while stirring them constantly. Remove eggs from the pan or take another one.
- In a pan (the same after eggs or another one) roast carrot for 7 minutes, add garlic, onion and peas, fry for 3 minutes more.
- To vegetables, add rice, soy sauce, fried eggs. Roast it altogether for 3-5 minutes more.
Fried rice Arabian style
1 cup of rice;
vegetable oil for frying;
1 small cinnamon stick;
2 pieces of cloves;
2 leaves of bay leaf
- Wash rice under the running water.
- Take a frying pan, add vegetable oil. Add 2 tablespoons of rice and roast it until it gets golden. After that add the rest of the rice and fry for 5 minutes more.
- Add 2 cups of water, salt to taste, cinnamon, cloves and bay leaf and bring water to boiling point.
- When water boils, remove heat to minimal, close the pan and cook until you see that the rice is soft enough.
Don't neglect stirring and mixing constantly
Don't forget to mix everything at each step of preparation evenly, if you don't do that you are risking to have sticky balls or uncooked rice.
Fried rice has plenty of variations of its preparation, you can experiment with assortment of vegetables and type of meat you are using in order to find your perfect and most favorite recipe. For example, while Japanese and Chinese styled fried rice can be served as a whole meal, Arabian one is still better to serve it as a bed for a steak or a piece of roasted meat or chicken.
Authors total: 33