How to Make Apple Pie Moonshine
A real connoisseur knows that each alcoholic beverage has its history and soul, and this spirit makes a big difference when you drink it. If you are looking for something 100% authentically American, apple pie moonshine is probably the first thing that crosses the mind. Itís soft, intoxicating and fairly easy to make! The ingredients havenít changed since the times of our great grandparents, so feel free to check them out and make some apple pie Moonshine from scratch.
1 gallon apple cider;
1 bottle of Moonshine (1 liter);
1 gallon apple juice;
2 cups brown sugar;
8 cinnamon sticks;
Make the drink
- Pour apple cider and apple juice in a large pot and put it on the stove.
- Add sugar and cinnamon sticks and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and let the drink simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and let it cool.
- Add the bottle of Moonshine and give it a good stir.
- Drink immediately or let it sit for a couple of weeks for a better taste and flavor.
Serve the drink
There are two popular ways of serving apple pie Moonshine:
- Pour the drink into a glass and add 1 slice of peeled apple and 1 cinnamon stick.
- Pour the drink into a shot glass and decorate with whipped cream and cinnamon stick.
Before you start, note that Moonshine is very hard to find these days. You are looking for 190 proof grain alcohol, but oftentimes you can find only 80 proof Moonshine. Itís not strong enough, so if you use it to make your apple pie Moonshine, you should add 2-2,5 times more alcohol.
You can use substitutes like Everclear, but note that itís forbidden is several states, particularly in California, Hawaii, Maine, New Hampshire, North Carolina, Washington, Virginia, Iowa, Massachusetts, Michigan, Ohio, Nevada, and Minnesota. However, you can still buy 150 proof Everclear in some of these states. Check with your local laws before you buy it.
If youíve been dreaming of making alcohol at home, you would be happy to know that there is a recipe that doesnít require complicated and time consuming brewing and a whole lot of ingredients. Just be careful when you drink it Ė it tastes really mild and soft, but the alcohol content is pretty impressive. Itís wonít take you long to get blackout drunk with this beverage.
Authors total: 33