How to Get Rid of a Double Chin
Double chin is not a diagnosis that can potentially kill you but itís still an obnoxious defect. The reason of this defect is the fact that the muscles on your neck lose the tone and change the shape of your face.
There are several reasons that can cause double chin. It can be genetically inherited, caused by obesity or the lack of muscular tone. The first cause is pretty hard to cope with, but the second and the third ones are not very hard to get rid of. Proper diet and a simple workout scheme will do the trick.
As the name suggests, this is an exercise for your facial muscles. It was developed for getting rid of a double chin. Thatís how you do it:
- Sit with your back straight and rise up your chin.
- Press your lips together and smile without showing your teeth.
- Put your hand on your throat as if you want to smother yourself. Grab the skin on your neck and pull it down.
- Throw your head back and look up. Count to three and get back to the initial position.
- Do 35 reps at least once a day and youíll see positive changes very soon.
This program was also developed to keep facial muscles toned. People that do this exercise say that itís highly effective and helps get rid of a double chin in a week or so. Obviously, you want to repeat it even when the problem is solved to maintain the results.
- Stand straight and put your hands on your knees.
- Take a deep breath and then breathe out loudly. Repeat 3-5 times.
- Hold your breath, stand straight and draw your arms back as if you are about to jump off the ski jump.
- Jut your lower jaw forward (dentists call it occlusion abnormality and you want to try to imitate it) and protrude your lips as if you want to kiss someone.
- Throw your head back and pull your neck upwards until you feel the tension.
- Go back to the initial position and do 8 reps.
- Sit in front of the mirror and tense your chin so that you see little lumps on it.
- Try to touch the tip of your nose with your tongue.
- Do 16 reps every day.
Imagine a huge frog with that ugly double chin. Basically, thatís how you do this exercise.
- Stand straight and press your palm to the problem zone. Tension your neck and hold the palm under your chin to keep the bulging muscle in its place.
- Keep doing the exercise for 5 minutes twice a day.
- Donít overeat. Excessive weight is the main cause of a double chin.
- Donít stoop. When you bend your back your head goes down and the muscles in your neck get loose.
- Donít sleep on a large pillow.
If you have just a hint of a double chin, itís very important to prevent it from growing bigger. Proper diet and quick exercises will help you cope with the problem. If you have already faced with this issue and want to get rid of it, feel free to use the workouts described in this article. They are easy to do and only take you 20 minutes a day.
Authors total: 33