How to Get Rid of Toenail Fungus
Toenail fungus is a creepy disease that is hard to get rid of for good. You can't walk with your shoes off, even at the beach, it is sure frustrating. Beautiful legs and feet look healthy and not like a disaster, you don't want to miss that. To fight fungus you have to figure out what caused it in the first place. Many people say that fungus never completely goes away, the reason probably is - fungus can live in your shoes or on your clothes for 5 years! Which is why if you try to get rid of it, you have to take good care of your clothes, sanitize them or even burn. Fungus likes warmth and humidity, and grows very fast.
How does one get fungus?
- Wet shoes and socks;
- Saunas, public showers and bathrooms, swimming pools;
- Pedicure salon, SPA salons;
- Wearing someone else's shoes (of a sick person);
- Excessive sweat.
What are the symptoms?
- Skin flaking;
- Skin cracks between toes;
- Nail color change and etc.
What can a doctor do?
- Defines the stage of your disease;
- Prescribes ointments, pills or both;
- Tell you what to do with your shoes and other stuff.
Why must I consult a doctor?
- You can't possibly define the stage of your disease without running some tests, which means you can't choose the right ointment / pills;
- While you are using a wrong ointment / taking wrong pills, fungus gets worse, attacks your fingers and hair.
How do I deal with fungus?
- Apply ointments 2 times a day for 10 - 14 days. In 10 - 14 days try using other ointments to avoid habituation;
- Apply special substance to your shoes and other stuff to get rid of fungus (ask your doctor about it);
- Pills: nizoral, griseofulvin or some other pills (depending on the stage of your disease);
- If nails are severely damaged, you may have to remove them (their parts) surgically.
If your nails are not damaged, treatment takes 1 month. If nails are damaged, you have to get tested once healthy nails grow back. It may take up to 1 year, depending on how fast your nails grow.
- If you notice something unusual - skin / nail color, you mustn't leave it without attention.
- Don't postpone going to a doctor. The importance of consultation can't be underestimated.
- Avoid public showers and swimming pools where people are accepted without doctor's certificates. If you like SPA, go to quality SPA salons only.
If your skin is damaged - you can fix it within a month, once your nails get damaged - it will be a year (depending on how fast your nails grow). If you notice there is something wrong, consult a doctor, you don't want to spend so much time in misery. With proper treatment you will get rid of fungus for good.
Authors total: 33