How to Delete Youtube History
Online privacy is absolutely impossible if someone is curious about your online activity and knows how to check the history on your computer. If you watch videos on YouTube, all of them are safely stored in history, that's why everyone can just check it and know for sure what kind of videos you watch. Of course, you can just clear your browser history to delete the tracks of your YouTube activity, but there are several reasons why you don't want to do that. Particularly, your browser history helps you find the websites that you've viewed in case you can't find them. Besides, it makes the process of web search a lot easier and faster. The good news is you don't have to sacrifice your entire history to hide YouTube videos you watched. All you need to do is clear YouTube history.
- Open up your browser and go to http://www.youtube.com/.
- Click the dropdown menu on the upper right corner of the page.
- Find a Video Manager option and hit it.
- You'll see a task panel on the right (Dashboard, Uploads, etc) - you want to click on History. You'll be redirected to a page where you can view all the videos that you watched on YouTube when you were signed in (pages that you visited but didn't watch or watched but wasn't signed in are not seen on this page).
- If you want to delete the entire history, i.e. all the videos that you‘ve watched, just select all the videos and press a Delete button.
- If you don't want to delete all these videos, feel free to check the unwanted videos manually.
- Alternatively, you can click on Clear All Viewing History tab on top. You'll see the popup window that asks you whether or not you are sure you want to clear your entire viewing history. Press Clear All Viewing History if you are sure or Cancel if you want to change something.
- Once you've done that, all the selected videos will disappear from your history once and for all.
- Don't delete the entire history if you have only a couple of videos that bother you. Select them individually to keep the rest of the history unchanged.
- Don't be confused if you found some sort of tutorial that suggests you to delete your history in My Videos section. My Videos and Video Manager are exactly the same thing.
- Don't try to clear your entire browsing history if you want to delete some YouTube videos from the list. However, clearing your browser history is probably the only way you can delete the videos that were viewed when you were signed out.
You may have lots of reasons to clear your YouTube history: it will save your reputation of gangsta rap fan if you watch Justin Bieber music videos on the sly, and prevent you and your girlfriend from inevitable breakup in case you enjoy watching Playboy models jumping rope. Finally, you may want to clear your YouTube history if it's overloaded by videos and it's hard to find anything in this mess. Whatever reasons you may have, just follow the guidelines and you'll be fine.
Authors total: 33