How to Delete Paypal Account
Although Paypal is a convenient system to shop online, you can find yourself not interested in it anymore sooner or later. Seriously, there are dozens of alternatives to Paypal, and some of them may offer better terms or just be handier for you. All in all, if you are not going to use your Paypal account any longer, you'd better get rid of it and don't receive notifications and newsletters with a call to be more active. Luckily, it can be deleted in several mouse clicks. You just need to know where to click.
- Go to http://www.paypal.com/ and log in to your account.
- Go to My Account section and check the options below. You'll see Overview, Withdraw, History, Resolution Center, and Profile tabs. You want to go to Profile and look at the task panel on the left.
- Hit My Account Settings section and look at the very first line. Find a Close Account link in front of this option and click on it.
- Now, you are on Paypal security page. Obviously, you need to prove that the account you are about to delete belongs to you. So, enter your banking account and your full account number in the suggested boxes. Double check the data is correct and click Submit.
- You'll see the final notification that asks you to verify the operation. If you are sure that you want to delete your account, just hit Close Account button.
- Right after that, your account would be deleted. As simple as that!
- Don't delete your account if you have any pending transactions. Go to My Account and check the Recent Activity section to make sure all your previous transactions were successfully closed. It may become a problem in case you have any unpaid items or transmissions pending approval.
- Don't close your account if you are not sure you don't need it anymore. You won't be able to restore it later.
- Don't close your account if you have some problems with previous transactions that haven't yet been resolved.
- Don't worry about the remaining money on your Paypal account. They will send them back to your mail address.
- Don't delete your account because you are tired of the newsletter or want to change your banking account number. These problems can be resolved without deleting your account. Check Paypal's tutorials and FAQs to find the solution for your problems or contact their support team and describe your problem in details. Their assistants would help you get your ideas clear and cope with any problem you have.
- Obviously, don't try to delete anyone else's account. First of all, you won't be able to do this if you don't know the person's account number, and even if you do, that's illegal and this person can sue you for your actions.
The process of deleting Paypal account is pretty intuitive and very quick. However, think twice before you delete your account. You never know when you might need to use it again, and Paypal gives you the best minutes of online shopping.
Authors total: 33