How to Delete Hotmail Account
It is very interesting how today we got so many thing monopolized thus made simpler. For example, today on a smartphone phone you can create single accounts of your friends, colleagues and family members by saving all their number, emails and logins altogether. And now we basically use not more than Gmail, Skype, Facebook and Twitter accounts. But before we used to have all sorts of various messengers like MSN, ICQ, AOL, Yahoo Messengers and so on and we got emails at all the possible email providers like Yahoo, Hotmail, AOL and others. Unification of account and the fact that for example you can use your Google account based on an email for your YouTube, Facebook, Twitter and even Skype accounts has brought us up a situation where valid emails on other email providers have become absolutely useless and unnecessary.
Of course it is possible to leave your accounts opened but why memorizing several emails and why spending time on checking each one? So sometimes deleting old accounts like for example Hotmail account is actually an option.
Before you start the process of deleting your Hotmail account, send out a newsletter to all the important contacts from you address list to worn them that you are deleting this account and put your new active email instead. When it is done, feel free to close up your Hotmail account.
When you delete this account, you delete all the data of yours connected with it - your personal information, address book, emails, id and password. You can only delete an account when you logged in it, so if you forgot the password (or trying to delete somebody else's account) it wouldn't work.
Step-by-step guide hot to delete your Hotmail account
- Go to http://www.hotmail.com page and log in to your account using your email and password.
- In the upper right corner of the page there is an icon representing your photo (if you didn't attach photo there is a default picture by Hotmail) and your first name. Click on this icon.
- From the drop-down menu that appears on clicking, select the tab "View your account".
- At the bottom of the page you'll see the link saying "Close account". If you can't find it - press Ctrl+? to search for this text on the page.
- After that you will be redirected to the page where you will be warned that you are about to delete your account. At this step you are still able to go back and keep your account. At the bottom of the page you will see the place where you can type your Hotmail ID and your password. By pressing the button saying "Yes" below you can delete your Hotmail account permanently.
- Don't forget to save all the needed contacts from your address book.
- Don't delete account without checking if you have important emails over there - forward them to your other email before deleting the account.
- Don't try to delete a Hotmail account for someone - you can't do it until you are logged into the system.
Deleting extra emails can be useful when you don't want to spend extra time on checking them and when you want to unify your data, for example. Make sure you protect all the important information that is connected to your Hotmail account before deleting it.
Authors total: 33