How to Clear Cache
The Wikipedia definition of cache says "cache - is a component that transparently stores data so that future requests for that data can be served faster". Any site you visit consists of dozens, hundreds or even thousands of files. When you open a site your browser does its best to load it faster, it "memorizes" or "saves" the pieces of a site you are loading so it can load it faster the next time. "Then why do I clear it?" - you ask. Sooner or later the cached information is going to be out of date, there can be a conflict of information, besides, it may slow down the work of your browser. Clearing cache can be compared to housekeeping: you remove the stuff you don't need. Every browser is different and of course it is designed in its own way, so here are the algorithms of clearing cache for different browsers, the instructions that are showing what exactly you should do to clear cache, step by step.
How to clear cache in Google Chrome
Google Chrome is considered to be the best and the most widely used internet browser, so we are going to start with it.
- First you need to click the wrench icon on browser tool bar and select "Tools".
- Then select "Clear browsing data".
- In the dialog window that appears, you have to select the checkboxes for the types of information you need to remove.
- Use the menu at the top of the page to choose the amount of data you need to erase.
- Select beginning of time to delete all the data. Press "Clear browsing data".
How to clear cache in Firefox
Firefox is the next most popular internet browser after Google Chrome, and here clearing cache is going to be a little different.
- To begin with, click "Edit" from the Firefox menubar, then pick "Preferences" from this "Edit" menu.
- After that you need to expand the "Advanced" menu by pressing "+".
- Then click "Cache" and press " Clear Cache".
How to clear cache in Opera
Opera used to be popular a few years ago and some people are still using it. To remove cached data from this internet browser you are going to do the following:
- Go to Opera menubar.
- Pick "Edit" from this menubar.
- After you do that you are going to need to press "Preferences" from the "File" menu.
- Then click the "History" and "Cache" menu. Press "Cache".
- After that click "ok" button to close the "Preferences" menu. For more detailed information it is better for you to go to "Opera support page on Web caching".
How to clear cache in Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is a browser that was developed by Microsoft and used as a default web browser that couldn't be changed for a long time. Now that we can choose a browser we like, Internet Explorer loses it's positions. But there are still people who find Internet Explorer the best browser there is and keep using it, and here is how you can clear cache if you use this internet browser:
- Choose "Tools" from the Internet Explorer menubar, then click "Internet Options".
- After that click the "General" tab and press the "Delete Files" button in the "Temporary Internet files" section. If it doesn't work, repeat this again and restart the computer.
- If for some reasons you can't find a necessary button in a Menu, don't guess.
- Do not press any buttons if you are not sure what they are for.
If you still can't clear your cache, then we suggest you watching some more video tutorials on how it's done. After all, there's nothing that a person can't do if he is looking at a step by step instruction. If everything goes wrong, you still can restore your computer, there's nothing unusual in that so don't be afraid to do anything with your computer.
Authors total: 33