How to Change Homepage
Your home page (also known as index page or start page) is whatever site your browser takes you to once you open it. Some people prefer going to social networking sites or their mail as soon as they open their browsers. But most of us choose search engines, like Google or Yahoo. To learn how to set up your home page, read our instructions: here we will tell you how to change home page in Firefox, Chrome and Internet Explorer.
- Open your Mozilla Firefox browser.
- Go to Mozilla Firefox start page (if it is not your current home page).
- On the bottom of the browser page you will see the following buttons: downloads, bookmarks, history, add-ons, sync, settings. Click on “settings”.
- In the pop up window that appears click on the “General” tab.
- Enter “yahoo.com” in the home page box.
- Press OK.
You can also change home page buy going to the desirable site and clicking the “home” button next to the address line.
- To change a homepage in Chrome, you need to go to the settings. In the top left hand corner of the browser window you will see an icon with the three lines – the “settings” button. Click on it.
- Select Settings from the drop-down menu.
- Go to Appearance section.
- Choose to “Add the home button to the browser toolbar”. Changes are saved automatically.
- Go to the site that you want to make your home page and click on the home page icon (the “house” button) next to the address line.
- Open your browser.
- Go to the site that you want to set as your home page.
- Find “home” button and click on it.
- Select “Add or change home page”.
- Set up your home page.
- Open the browser.
- Press on Tools within your browser window (at the top).
- Choose Preferences from the drop-down menu that appears.
- In the Preferences dialog select General tab and paste the link to a desired page in the Home Page field. Press Ok.
- Open your Safari Browser.
- Click Safari in the top left-hand of the browser window.
- From Preferences pick General.
- Click on the General tab inside the General dialog and change home page to the desired one. Click Set to Current Page and close the dialog.
Follow these simple instructions and you will easily change your start page. Basically, all you have to do is go to the site you like and click on the "house" button if it is visible; if it is not, find it in settings and you will easily figure out how to set up a home page.
Authors total: 33